- “How can lawyers use Twitter?” from the 10e20 Blog. This is Chris Winfield’s presentation from the “What is Twitter and How Can I Use It?” panel he led with Kevin O’Keefe and Matthew Homann at Legal Tech
last week. I wish I could have been at the presentation to ask how lawyers can go from talking about Twitter with other lawyers to talking with clients and potential clients on Twitter. New York
- “Top 100 Leadership Blogs” from the Best Universities blog. There’s something for everybody on this site. Everybody that wants to read leadership blogs, that is. I’ve already added six RSS feeds to my reader.
- “Digression - Advice for Surviving A Lay Off” from Open Source WorkInProgress. Everyone who has been laid off should read this. Everyone who works at a firm where layoffs have taken place should read this. Everyone who works at a firm that might be considering layoff off lawyers and staff sometime this year should read this. Did I leave anyone out? You should read it too.
- “Are you ready for the upturn?” from the No Option for Law Firm! blog. This post argues that the time is now for law firms to begin preparing for the upturn. One key point: be wary and look after your remaining staff to make sure they don’t jump ship at the first sign of improvement.
- “Jim Collins: How great companies turn crisis into opportunity,” an interview with Jennifer Reingold on Fortune.com. Stop what you’re doing and read this. Now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Right now.
- “Why you should lose some Twitter followers” from Shel
’s Global Neighbourhod. Everybody on Twitter should read Israel ’s posts and follow his tweets. He gives great advice and even better perspective. Read this and see for yourself. Israel
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Have you read these?
A smattering of interesting posts from the blawgosphere and beyond