- “23 Ideas for How to Start a Consulting Practice” from Branding & Marketing. A lot more than 23 ideas here. Some very practical, some philosophical, and the rest in-between. Six screens of ideas (by my count), but you’ll be glad you read them all.
- “The Compleat Consultant” from Alan’s Blog at Contrarian Consulting. Good advice for any consultant, but especially good for lawyers: everything you do must communicate the value you provide. The value you provide, not the law you practice, not the cases you’ve handled, not the transactions you’ve managed. The value you provide. Is that clear?
- “Journalists, Bloggers & Media Outlets on Twitter,” a wiki hosted by Sarah Evans (@PRsarahevans) and the #journchat Twitterati. Great resource. Bookmark it. Tweet about it. According to Kevin O’Keefe, “Lawyers reach influencers on Twitter (bloggers/media).” This is a list of those influencers. How much would you pay for this?
- “Ten Rules of Rainmaking” from Matt Homann’s blog, the [non]billable hour. Homann’s stuff is always great: thoughtful ideas for lawyers and legal professionals who want to think – and practice law – differently. My advice? Start reading now, and you'll quickly want to do the same.
- “Businesses currently on Twitter” from twibs.com. Another great resource. When I last looked there were 4,331. People used to pay a lot of money for this kind of information. Aren’t you glad you don’t have to do that anymore?
Monday, February 16, 2009
Have you read these?
A smattering of interesting posts from the blawgosphere and beyond